Thursday, May 2, 2013
I learned a lot about shooting free throws by watching this years NBA
playoffs. 4 of the top 11 free throw shooters off all time are in this years
playoffs (Steve Nash, Chauncey Billups, Ray Allen, and Kevin Durant). I am
teaching free throw shooting in my digital video, and by watching these guys I
learned a thing or two. If you watch any of these four guys shoot, you will
notice that they have the same rhythm every time they step up to the line. It
never changes because it is their routine that they have been doing forever. I
believe this is the main reason they are some of the best shooters of all time.
On the other side of the coin, if you watch some on like Dwight Howard is one
of the worst free throw shooters of all time. He never does the same thing
twice when going to the line and he sometimes stands on the line and other
times he is a foot off the line. He has zero consistency in his game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also have been learning a lot from these great free throw shooters by watching the playoffs. The reason they are great free throw shooters is because they are comfortable at the free throw line. As you said they all have their same rhythm every time to help them stay in their zone. Poor foul shooter such as Dwight Howard or Blake Griffin do not have that confidence in their stroke so they are always trying something different it seems. In free throw shooting, confidence and rhythm are the keys to be successful.
ReplyDelete